Aboriginal Beading meets Balenciaga!

The Urban Dictionary defines "fly" as "cool, hot in style" or "fine, sexy". Inspired by this lingo and the  urban exhibition space of Fly Gallery on Queen Street West in Toronto, I created a Balenciaga styled gown made out of mosquito mesh for my upcoming installation next week. But the ensemble was not complete without a matching purse!!

With my recent success at using aboriginal beading techniques, I used one of Samuel Thomas's patterns for a small beaded bag (I think it might be called a bandolier bag). Initially I used his beading guide for the pattern on the flap but then broke away with my own design for the beading around the edges to highlight the qualities of the black jet. Aboriginal beading meets Balenciaga meets mosquito mesh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Fashion and Photography. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.